Webinar: New Year Special: How to Develop Confidence and Public Speaking to Build Your Career Path as a Global Elite
Date: 16 January 2020
Do you want to know how to build self-confidence and demonstrate this key quality in interviews?
Do you want to understand why public speaking is a crucial skill sought after by multinationals?
This is a FREE webinar you must not miss.
For this year’s New Year Special, we are inviting Mandarin Consulting global elite coach, Xenia Angevin, to share her rich experience in helping cross-cultural candidates build confidence and public speaking skills.
Xenia has over fifteen years of experience as a Coach and Mentor to international clients. She is a specialist coach for career transitions which involve geography- and industry- change. Xenia also coaches clients for cross-cultural leadership, with emphasis on influencing ability, facilitation skills and executive presence. She is an expert in non-directive communication techniques. Her pragmatic understanding of the skills necessary to succeed in the working environment of today and tomorrow make her a popular choice for Mandarin Consulting candidates.
- Background of the Presenter
- The Good News
- Having Confidence is not the same as having Competence!
- Lack of confidence as a healthy signal to improve Competencies
- There is a clear recipe for dramatically improving your Global Elite capabilities
- The Mandarin Consulting ‘Confidence’ Plan:
- The Ingredients:
- ‘The Big Five’ Character Traits used as key leadership predictors in Global Elite careers
- The main Career Competencies for high performers
- Adaptability Quotient – a key to the modern world
- The Plan:
- How to understand, develop and obtain mastery of these Traits and Competencies
- How to practice courage to overcome Fear
- How to build a personal message which communicates your Strengths
- The Spotlight on Communication Skills and Public Speaking:
- The cross-cultural differences: the Chinese and Western perspectives on Communication Skills
- Modern Public Speaking: not a performance but a key everyday Communication Skill
- Varieties of Public Speaking:
- Speaking to inform
- Speaking to persuade
- Speaking on special occasion
- Speaking in small groups
- Key techniques:
- The ‘Pyramid of Communication’
- Active Listening